Thursday, August 23, 2012

Creatures of Habit

This morning, I woke up just before 6 a.m. and honestly felt pretty grand! I believe that's partly owed to my new supplement from Mission Ready, called Sleep Ready.

I went for my second morning workout this week, and I was rewarded by seeing I've lost 2.5 pounds this week.

I always have great intentions about going to the gym when I leave work, but (as many of you probably find) it just usually doesn't work out. Maybe I don't get to leave the office until late, or I have to run errands after work. Sometimes the traffic is just terrible, and many days, I just feel too lacking in energy!

So this week, I got the guts to ask my boss about adjusting my work hours. I'm now free to come in as late as 9:30 a.m. and leave later in the evening. (Morning glories, please spare me the "I get up at 5 a.m. to work out" speech. It's just not happening for this night owl.)

Yesterday, I did squats, lunges, stability ball chest press, bicep curls, dumbbell triceps extensions, crunches, stability ball leg lifts and 35-second planks. In addition, I did about 20 minutes of cardio.



Today was just cardio on the elliptical and the recumbent bike.

I realize, though, that I absolutely cannot leave working out to chance. It's become clear to me as I get older that I'm a creature of habit. I like my morning routine. I get a shower and eat breakfast while my hair air dries. I start my morning coffee right before I take the dog outside so as not to waste time. And when my routine is disrupted, I'm totally off kilter!

So now, exercise is part of the morning routine and will become a good habit. I'll keep you posted on my progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment